HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. At our Denver NC facility, we are seeking a qualified Supplier Development Engineer. The Supplier Development Engineer will be responsible for strategic supply chain management and the tactical sourcing for assigned commodities and across company strategic projects. Responsible to meet deadlines as they relate to projects, build relationships with suppliers delivering a supply chain allowing for reduced risk, improved cost, cash flow and quality. Rationalize the supply base for assigned commodities increasing leverage with key suppliers. Understand target customer needs and deliver a supply chain that will allow us to meet those needs. Participate in new product introductions as they relate to supplier requirements.
- Work on projects assigned by Purchasing Manager
- Working with the Purchasing Manager monitor HYDAC suppliers to required quality standards, track and lead improvements
- Working with the Purchasing manager own the dual sourcing strategy for key commodities as assigned
- Lead new product sourcing activity for key commodities assigned, working to ensure dual source of supply, reduced risk and improved cost
- Understand and communicate the cost structure of the purchased components
- Conduct supplier audits as required
- Create and maintain a supplier capability and risk matrix
- Actively research, evaluate and implement new supply opportunities as required.
- Coordinate supplier design support with the HYDAC engineering team
- Act as the technical liaison between the supplier and HYDAC when required
- Develop costs savings thru suppliers and design changes
- Experience with the design of all or some of the following commodities (electric motors, hoses, fans, sheet metal, turned components)
- Ability to translate product performance requirements from the customer to the supplier and from the supplier to HYDAC design team
- Participate in design review meetings as required.
- Professionally resolve problems, both internally and externally, in a fair and ethical manner
- Must have good interpersonal skills to interact at all levels of the organization and larger supply chain
- Work globally with corporate supply chain management team members to leverage spend, communication and tools
- Assist in developing should cost models across key commodities.
- Travel as required
- Assist other teams as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft office, data analysis and presentation skills.
To apply for this job email your details to NC-HR@hydacusa.com