Due to continued growth and expansion, HYDAC, a leading manufacturing in the fluid power industry is seeking to fill an Application Engineer position for our Cooling Systems Division. At HYDAC’s Charlotte area-based technology and production center the candidate would be responsible for the following:
The application engineer will focus on custom engine cooling solutions for the mobile market. The main focus would be in off-high way equipment but could also include commercial on-highway product and gensets. Including but not limited to: construction, forestry, paving, and mining machines. They would be expected to support all engineering activities related to each project and lead continuous improvement plans.
This person would work closely with distribution, sales, and product management to help lead and support existing and new business growth.
- Work on projects assigned by the Product Managers.
- Collect and help define customer needs for cooler applications.
- Design new components and assemblies to satisfy specific customer requirements.
- Compile necessary data to facilitate design decisions.
- Interface with engineering lab to coordinate testing of prototypes.
- Prepare design related quality documentation – prototype control plans, production control plans, DVP&R’s, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, etc.
- Follow internal and customer APQP processes
- Develop product test specification based on performance criteria.
- Perform engineering calculations for component design including stress, loading and cooler performance criteria.
- Coordinate product and component qualifications, including design and verification testing related to existing product lines.
- Initiate designs and modifications for components to facilitate continuing product improvement.
- Perform material analysis for component design including strength of materials, loading, and stress calculations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop and maintain engineering standards
- Domestic Travel 20-25%
Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- 5 years of engineering experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience
Qualification and Competencies:
- Desirable software knowledge:
- CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
- The successful candidate will have the following personality traits: likeable, ambitious, unselfish, conscientious, responsive, detail oriented, and have leadership skills.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.