HYDAC is a family-owned and operated business with a vibrant and rewarding working environment for our employees across the country. Our goal is to provide quality products, components and services that meet our customer expectations while being committed to the protection and preservation of our environment. HYDAC’s passionate team designs and manufactures a comprehensive line of innovative and reliable solutions optimized any demand our customers require.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader is responsible for driving process improvement projects based on Lean methodologies and practices throughout the Glendale Heights facility to increase operational efficiency. In this role, the CI Leader will provide leadership to implement sustainable change in the organization. This role requires a highly motivated individual who is capable of driving change and improve processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
You will make an impact in this role by:
- Identify, define, prioritize, and lead the execution of improvement projects in direct and indirect areas.
- Define effective KPI’s and success criteria to measure the performance of projects.
- Analyze and evaluate current processes, identify opportunities for improvement and develop and execute improvement plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams in process improvement projects, including facilitating meetings/workshops and communicating project updates.
- Train and coach employees on CI methodologies, tools. and techniques.
- Ensure that all projects and initiatives are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Track and report on the progress of CI initiatives, including identifying and addressing any barriers to success.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive cultural change and create a CI mindset throughout the organization.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for automation and process improvements to drive efficiency and reduce waste.
- Create lessons learned and best practices to share within the organization’s Lean network.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to identify improvement opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, curious mindset with a hands-on approach.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills: conflict solving, active listening, applying emotional intelligence.
- Ability to see the overall picture and to understand processes from end-to-end.
- Relatable, outgoing, and trustworthy with the ability to build credibility quickly.
To be considered for the Continuous Improvement Leader role, you must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or Operations Management.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role with a proven history of applying Lean & implementing CI initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of Lean methodologies and tool sets such as 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, or Shopfloor Management.
- Good SAP knowledge.
Preferred skills include:
- Proven Project Management experience, PM certification such as PMP or Prince2 is a plus.
- Light 2D CAD knowledge is a plus.
- Experience as a Manufacturing/Production Engineer is a plus.
- Experience in factory planning and logistics is a plus.
Click the “apply” button to be considered for this opening!
HYDAC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.