HYDAC is a family-owned and operated business with a vibrant and rewarding working environment for our employees across the country. Our goal is to provide quality products, components and services that consistently meet our customer expectations. Our passionate teams design and manufacture a comprehensive line of innovative and reliable solutions optimized to our customers’ requirements. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, as well as generous paid time off and continuing education assistance.
The Engineering Lab Technician is responsible for supporting research and development within our hydraulic division in the Chicago suburb of Glendale Heights through testing and analysis of fluid power products. In this role, you will set up and carry out tests as specified and communicate the analysis of results to engineering groups as needed. This role requires a motivated and self-sufficient individual capable of managing assigned projects and collaborating within cross-functional teams. Candidates should have the ability to interpret technical specifications and have experience testing or troubleshooting hydraulic products and/or systems.
- Conduct tests on hydraulic products and systems to accurately qualify performance.
- Set up lab equipment and tests, occasionally requiring fixture design and metal fabrication/3D printing.
- Work closely with valve design engineers, application engineers, and manufacturing engineers to develop high quality products.
- Generate test reports, including analysis of results and conclusions based on engineering requirements.
- Troubleshoot prototype issues during the product development phases and identify potential solutions.
- Assist in maintaining and calibrating sensitive lab equipment.
- Assist in maintaining engineering lab test stands, equipment, and workspaces.
- Assist in developing engineering lab standards that ensure adherence to NFPA and ISO requirements.
- Passion for hands-on engineering work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret technical documents and standards.
- Ability to create technical reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- 2-year degree in a related technical field, or 5 years’ experience in related field (engineering technology, engineering lab environments, manufacturing engineering environments, etc.)
- Experience testing or troubleshooting hydraulic products.
- CAD experience is a plus.
- Prior experience with data-acquisition systems is a plus
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.