Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for management and performance of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) function for HYDAC NA. This associate leads the network of EHS associates across sites within HYDAC NA tracking and measuring performance, assessing capability levels and identifying common areas of EHS risk to manage across sites via program design and implementation. This associate will provide ongoing support to site EHS associates ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations across HYDAC’s sites.
- Provides oversight to the site level based on the nature of operations; and focuses on capability building across site level EHS associates in the HYDAC plant network.
- Establishes systems to track and report EHS performance metrics to Operations leaders. Engages Operations members on EHS matters to ensure a strong culture of associate safety and environmental management.
- Assists sites with accident/incident investigations. Ensures proper root-cause analysis is performed, appropriate safety alert generation and distribution. Addresses corrective action implementation across the HYDAC NA plant network.
- Collaborates with Corporate staff on the development of policies, goals and programs. Leads the implementation of policies and programs with each site’s EHS staff.
- Conducts regular site visits across the HYDAC NA network, providing coaching/training on EHS capability building. Supports and advises site leadership and EHS staff in the event of significant changes (ex. construction, process & equipment changes).
- Works with Operations managers / site leadership to evaluate the performance of site EHS associates and programs. Assists with the recruitment and hiring of EHS professionals for openings at the site level.
- Establishes mechanisms to periodically review policies, programs, and metrics to ensure alignment of EH&S strategies with business needs.
- Advises sites within the HYDAC NA plant footprint in the event of government agency inspections (i.e. OSHA or EPA) and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Keeps abreast of changes to EHS regulations which may impact plant and facility operations. Initiates changes to practices and procedures to support compliance requirements.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to use influence as a skill to successfully develop and implement effective safety and environmental programs, engaging all sites across HYDAC NA.
- Possesses effective communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to exercise rational judgment, appropriately communicate and manage crisis situations, if they were to arise.
- Must engage and gain the support of associates in various positions of responsibility and in various functions within HYDAC NA. Must be able to clearly communicate project plans and resource requirements to gain the support of these individuals.
- Must be able to understand the overall operations strategy for HYDAC NA and be able to structure and implement an EHS strategy to support operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and state safety and environmental laws and the ability to identify and evaluate workplace hazards and environmental requirements.
- Effective skills in the areas of counseling, coaching and influencing.
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED. Prefer in Environmental Management or Occupational Safety and Health or related degree. Advanced degree desirable.
- Prefer 5 years of experience managing EHS programs and activity at a site level.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred to ensure continuing education of current EH&S trends and knowledge.
- Experience designing and implementing EH&S strategies/programs/processes that support a business strategy.
- Ability to travel as needed (~25%)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.