HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. At our Glendale Heights, Illinois facility we are seeking a qualified Field Service Technician. It is the responsibility of the Field Service Technician to learn and apply proper troubleshooting skills, diagnostic and corrective steps in repair and maintenance of components, assemblies and systems within HYDAC.
- Provide repair and support service for HYDAC components and systems (such as hydraulic power units, accumulators, filters and valves)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Remove and install parts and components, test and verify functionality of component and or system
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers on repairs, provide guidance and advice as needed.
- Complete required reports and documentation as necessary in a timely and orderly manner.
- Assist the Sales Department by solving field problems, clarifying customer requirements and technical product support.
- Provide start up and training for HYDAC systems and components.
- Work with Lab Technicians and or Engineering on product performance and verification tests, conduct tests if needed and analyze test results in conjunction with the Project Engineers.
- Follow established quality system Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Travel as required to job sites in the field approximately 50% of the time.
- Assist the Quality Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization..
- Ability to apply concepts from basic algebra and geometry.
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Designs: Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer’s needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Speaks clearly and persuasive in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Ability to work with industrial and mobile hydraulic systems.
- Good mechanical skills to include electrical and hydraulic.
- Good knowledge of basic hand tools, measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic hardware and software.
- Ability to work independently.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; or 6 months-1 year experience in a related environment.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.