HYDAC is a family-owned and operated business with a vibrant and rewarding working environment for our employees across the country. Our goal is to provide quality products, components and services that meet our customer expectations while being committed to the protection and preservation of our environment. HYDAC’s passionate team designs and manufactures a comprehensive line of innovative and reliable solutions optimized any demand our customers require.
As a Hydraulic System Engineer, you will be a part of the Advanced Systems Teams. The Advanced System Team’s mission is to develop and implement innovative vehicle systems and advanced technology solutions that solves our customer greatest challenges by utilizing innovative and reliable HYDAC hydraulic, electronic, control and fluid conditioning solutions optimized for the mobile market. In this role, you will:
- Work with the Vehicle Systems Integration Lead, customers, and sales group in determining and documenting the hydraulic system architectures needs and requirements.
- Work with Advanced System Team engineers to develop and propose the hydraulic solutions / circuits required to meet the needs and goals of the customer.
- Work with Advanced System Team to develop “canned” hydraulic and electro-hydraulic functional submodules for the mobile market (i.e., steer-by-wire module).
- Develop advanced, innovative, and efficient hydraulic circuits/architectures.
- Guide hydraulic manifold design teams.
- Guide hydraulic component design and selection.
- Support vehicle system FMEA’s and hydraulic component DFMEA’s.
- Perform in the design, installation, debugging and validating of assigned hydraulic systems.
- Interface with Germany on key technologies and hydraulic system approaches.
- Provide Voice of Customer/Market (VoC) to our Product Divisions for new product development.
- Represent HYDAC with customers and accompany Sales Managers to customer locations selling our technology and advanced systems.
- Aid the Application Engineer-System in the sales organization on advanced technology and system solutions.
- Present Tec Day modules to our customer base.
- You will make an impact in this role by:
- Work closely within the Advanced System Team and each of the Product Divisions and Sales to develop advanced hydraulic solutions and hydraulic system architectures. This position will work within a group of multi-disciplinary engineers and technologies that represent electronics, software, fluid power, etc.
To be considered for the Hydraulic System Engineer role, you must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Highly motivated.
- Expert in Hydraulics – mobile experience preferred.
- Ability to develop and drive implementation of hydraulic system circuits and architectures.
- Ability to develop value proposition for HYDAC and its products/ solutions.
- Ability to develop and foster customer relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing business correspondence, reports, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with multiple engineering disciplines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to use the Internet, Project Management software, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer (Master’s degree is preferred)
- Hydraulic fluid power knowledge
- Minimum of 5 year of experience developing hydraulic system solutions
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment:
- Must adhere to all safety rules in force for the location you are in while performing your job responsibilities. This includes at a customer or supplier location. Must meet requirements for PPE in specific manufacturing areas when you are in those areas including safety shoes and safety glasses.
Click the “apply” button to be considered for this opening!
HYDAC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.