Position Title: Junior Applications Engineer/Engineering Specialist
Industrial Systems/Custom Products
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Welland, ON
Position Summary: Manage and coordinate technical and commercial details of industrial systems and made/build-to-order product solutions to meet customer specific requirements.
- Evaluate, develop and verify designs for hydraulic systems for industrial applications while adhering to customer requirements and industry standards/regulations.
- Evaluate, develop and verify designs for made-to-order customized product offerings to meet customer specific application requirements.
- Provide system/custom product proposals in support of inquires from customers, sales & customer service.
- Creation of system or custom-product schematics, Bill of Materials and design lay-outs in support of proposals (if required) and during order execution.
- Manage activities related to projects through CRM and/or project management system.
- In conjunction with Quality and Purchasing, seek to develop vendors to support product customization.
- With Quality, ensure custom products meet all design, test, and regulatory requirements.
- During order execution, complete initial order review, coordinate and engage in engineering/design finalization and prepare job package documentation for production phase.
- Participate in weekly production meetings reviewing all current systems/custom product orders.
- Assist production department during manufacturing phase with any production related issues/questions for prompt resolution/mediation.
- Coordinate special documentation as required, including any special test requirements, approval or certifications (in conjunction with Quality as required), and final manuals/as-built drawings.
- Provide technical support for system/custom product start-up, if required.
- With marketing, assist in development of materials to support product customization opportunities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer locations for technical meetings.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in solutions where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use CRM software, Project Management software & MS Office applications.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Basic understanding of industrial hydraulic systems with ability to read hydraulic schematics and drawings.
- General understanding of basic electrical principles with ability to read simple electrical drawings.
- Production Management: Develop project plans; Coordinate plans; Communicate changes.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and to requests for service/ assistance.
- Self-Starter and Motivator
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to develop effective relationships with distributors, regional sales managers and customers.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering technology
- Professional registration (as P.Eng, EIT or CET) would be considered an asset.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the industrial or mobile hydraulics field.
- Complete and thorough understanding of hydraulic circuits, components and applications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- IFPA/CFPA Specialists Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD and SAP would be considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org