- We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests and reporting findings.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. chemicals).
- Candidate will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward.
- The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
- Receive, label and analyze samples
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Analytical testing of hydraulic oil using various types of lab equipment and chemicals and involves a variety of sitting, standing, lifting up to 30lbs and data entry.
- Use of various equipment to test oil samples: ICP Spectrophotometer, viscosity, laser optical particle counting, titrations using automatic titrators, microscope work
- Testing oil samples, reporting results, interpreting results
- General laboratory housekeeping, removal of laboratory waste, assembly of laboratory kits, filing, equipment maintenance and general lab maintenance.
- Act as a liaison with customers
- Market research
- Occasional studies of total cost of ownership and expected payback over time
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in solutions where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use LIMS systems and MS Office applications.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and to requests for service/ assistance.
- Self-Starter and Motivator
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- We are seeking an individual who is a self-starter, works well independently, as well as part of a team and can multitask. College or University experience with a background in wet chemistry and laboratory operations would be beneficial. A firm grasp of Microsoft Office is required and experience with a LIMS system is an asset.
- Requires a detail oriented, self-motivated individual who can identify colours and colour changes to interpret some results.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org