HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. We are currently seeking a qualified Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. The Manufacturing Engineer will coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organizational, control, integration, and completion of Manufacturing Engineering projects within an area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties/tasks personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Provide technical support to manufacturing departments.
• Ensure that production assembly and test methods are optimized and are consistent in meeting our cost targets.
• Develop assembly and detail tooling drawings, floor layouts, and manufacturing cells.
• Check drawings and design work as needed.
• Assist Materials Department in the selection of vendors.
• Establish product acceptance criteria through preproduction runs.
• Work with vendors to ensure the most economical manufacturing processes and tooling.
• Assist the Quality Department in the development of procedures and work instructions.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism such as formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc. in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determinations of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation, techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Knowledge of design software, database software, MS windows, and MS Word and Excel.
- Blueprint interpretation.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance is required. Familiar with computer-based system operation.
- Knowledge of APQP, manufacturing and quality processes and capabilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, client, customers, and the general public.
Education and Experience
- BS Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Two or more years of Manufacturing Engineering experience.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.