HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. At our Bethlehem Pennsylvania facility we are seeking a qualified Material Control Supervisor.
The Material Control Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Production
Planner/Schedulers team across manufacturing. This position will review the customer’s forecast and create and implementation a production schedules for the organization’s manufacturing needs, to ensure efficient operations and customer demand are met. This person will work with the operational team on long term planning for continuous improvements and growth of the organization.
The position requires attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead teams in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for and liaison with sales, logistics, and manufacturing departments.
- Collaborates with these departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve the customer needs.
- Periodically compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; uses judgment to anticipate demand for and to acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Integrates sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Maintains master distribution schedule for the assigned facility; revises as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with production, shipping, purchasing, and customer service staff.
- Supervise the Planner/Schedulers in handling customer inquiries and feedback regarding orders, shipments and problem resolution.
- Handles the recruitment, hiring, and retention of all Production Planner/Schedulers in the assigned location.
- They are also responsible for the coaching and development of their direct reports.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Skills and Attributes:
· High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Interpersonal Skills: Good communication skills (both written and oral).
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Thorough understanding of the business and supply chain.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Extremely proficient with production planning systems, such as MRP systems. SAP experience a plus.
· Good customer service skills.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.