HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. We are currently seeking a qualified Product Support Specialist at our Glendale Heights facility. The Product Support Specialist will be responsible and accountable for cost reduction / optimization projects by organizing tasks, time, resources, and
people throughout the organization.
- Responsible for keeping the projects on track and possessing the ability to foresee the entire project as a whole at all times.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the product line.
- Provide technical support both internally and to outside contacts.
- Provide liaison between the customer and sales support.
- Develop and support training on products and applications.
- Update distributors and Regional Sales Managers on product line changes.
- Coordinate with German products and counterparts.
- Maintain price lists and literature.
- Complete price and technical analysis.
- Use SAP to generate necessary reports.
- Participate in continual improvement initiatives.
- Prepare price quotations.
- Travel 25%-40% of the time.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, client, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Database software, Development software, Internet software, Project Management software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts to basic algebra and geometry.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and responds to requests for assistance
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.