HYDAC is a fluid power leader that specializes in the design and development of custom solutions for the mobile and industrial markets. At our Bethlehem PA facility we are seeking a qualified Production Supervisors for first shift. The Production Supervisor is responsible to oversee the day-to-day activities of their assigned production department personnel, and perform the duties listed below.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of hourly workforce either directly or using Team Leaders.
- Review and verify all work instructions.
- Interprets policies and procedures to employees and enforce safety and work rules.
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Maintains accurate production related records
- Communicate production goals to employees and establish and communicate priorities
- Use of hourly boards and communicating to employees importance of them
- Ensure finished products meet accepted quality standards
- Communicate, administer and ensure compliance to company policies for safety, environmental issues, attendance policies, etc. and take appropriate actions for violations.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Be visible and accessible to employees
- Identify and communicate critical issues to management
- Responsible for minimizing downtime related to part changes and process set-up
- Responds swiftly to issues or concerns raised by production team or Leadership
- Ensure parts and supplies are available to perform job duties
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external contact
- Create / update work instructions / procedures
- Perform Layered Process Audits (LPA)
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing Supervisory Role.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing including 5S, Kaizen and Lean Practices.
- Experience in an ISO certified company is a plus
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.