HYDAC a leading manufacturing in the fluid power industry is seeking to fill a Quality Inspector position for our Glendale Heights IL location. It is the primary responsibility of the Quality Inspector to inspect products manufactured or processed by HYDAC to ensure compliance to contract specifications. At our Glendale Heights IL, facility the candidate would be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Performs incoming inspection of selected purchased goods and fabricated products.
- Process quality related documentation including certifications.
- Perform outgoing inspections of selected products.
- Accomplished testing and evaluation of returned goods. Determines causes of failures. Documents results in an evaluation report.
- When requested assist and support manufacturing personnel and activities.
- Performs inspection on returned goods and products. Assists in customer complaint investigations.
- Follows Level 2 to process non-conforming material.
- Performs audits and inspection of stock (raw material and finished goods) as directed.
- Uses inspection equipment such as pin gages, ring gages, thread gages, calipers, micrometers, etc.to accomplish metrology of product features.
- Completes inspection dimensional reports.
- Compile certification documents for finished goods.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to write reports. Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and determine if products are conforming to specifications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use database software, manufacturing software and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge and use of standard test and measurement tools and equipment including hand tools.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 + years’ experience as a Quality Inspector a must
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.