HYDAC is a family-owned and operated business with a vibrant and rewarding working environment for our employees across the country. Our goal is to provide quality products, components and services that meet our customer expectations while being committed to the protection and preservation of our environment. HYDAC’s passionate team designs and manufactures a comprehensive line of innovative and reliable solutions optimized any demand our customers require.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Be responsible for providing support and accounting services while assisting the controller in the daily operations of the department.
You will make an impact in this role by:
- Assists with month end closing activities.
- Handles monthly cost allocations and materials in transit clearing.
- Monitors daily treasury activities for effective cash management.
- Assist with income and sales tax filing activities.
- Assist with developing accounting policies and procedures.
- Evaluate internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Assist with documenting process flows by partnering with other functional areas to gain efficiencies.
- Coordinate the preparation of information and data collection for the external auditors.
- Prepare monthly reports including division cash flows.
- Collaborate with other business functions as required.
- Ensure that customer tax exemption certificates are current.
- Ensure vendors have current W-9 forms on file.
- Assist with annual 1099 filings.
- Assist with various efficiency and process improvement projects as needed.
- Perform analysis and create ad hoc reports as needed.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and vendors.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must have good reasoning and math skills.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- Ability to solve practical problems ad deal with a variety of variables in situations where standardization is limited.
- A wide range of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, and recommend solutions.
- Proven ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques.
To be considered for the Senior Accountant role, you must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required CPA/ CMA.
- Microsoft Office Skills required, strong emphasis on Excel.
- Must have a strong understanding of US GAAP and Internal Controls.
Preferred skills include:
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in a financial role in a manufacturing organization.
- SAP experience preferred (experience with any ERP is a must).
Click the “apply” button to be considered for this opening!
HYDAC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.