HYDAC provides fluid power solutions to OEMs, manufacturers and end users of a variety of industrial equipment. We currently have an opportunity for a Service Technician in our Field Service Department.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of hydraulic systems including a strong ability to evaluate and troubleshoot systems and equipment. Working hands-on in our field service team the candidate will be comfortable with multitasking and working efficiently in a high paced environment. The candidate will have experience with repair, installation and refurbishment of hydraulic systems and components in various types of manufacturing atmospheres and will able to represent our brand at a wide variety of customer sites.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate good work practices and a knowledge of methods to safely and efficiently troubleshoot, repair, install and maintain hydraulic systems.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the service and repair of Industrial Hydraulic Systems
Technical Degree or equivalent preferred. Will consider relevant industry experience.
The candidate will work in the GTHA and Niagara most of the time, although travel can be expected and the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to various site locations.
The service technician role is based in our Welland, Ontario facility. The candidate may work remotely and can be based anywhere in the GTHA or Niagara.
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment
Must adhere to plant safety rules and PPE requirements including safety shoes and safety glasses, both at HYDAC and our customer sites.
Qualifications and Competencies
- MS Outlook and Excel skills required
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings
- Knowledge of hydraulic component installation, troubleshooting and best practices
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- High level problem solving and collaboration abilities
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-starter and motivator
- Clean license and abstract
- Ability to travel if and when necessary
- Ability to collaborate with other departments, vendors and customers to meet deadlines and produce best results
- Basic Tools Required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com