Located in Glendale Heights, HDYAC has established a four building campus that includes a new state of the art tech center. HYDAC is currently seeking a qualified strategic sourcing specialist to join their strategic sourcing team. If you are currently in procurement or sourcing with two years of experience in a manufacturing environment apply today. The ideal candidate will need to perform the following tasks and possess the minimum qualifications.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders for new and existing production materials.
- Control the cost of purchased materials within budget and general cost reduction action plans.
- Maintain and support company objectives for cost reduction, inventory turns and on-time delivery.
- Maintain a level of product/commodity knowledge and attain a level of awareness of supplier operations as they pertain to the company.
- Bachelors/University degree in Purchasing, Operations, Supply Chain Management or related Business degree required.
- Global sourcing experience
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic sourcing strategies.
- Ability to travel to Germany, Italy and other European countries as well as Asia. Travel requirements are not expected to exceed 15%.
- Strong negotiation skills with expertise in the procurement of raw material to finished product.
- SAP experience.
- SCM or CPIM is a plus.
- Must have good inter-personal skills, the ability to multi task working with minimal supervision.
To apply for this job email your details to hhd_HR@hydacusa.com