Strategic Sourcing Specialists
Responsible for strategic supply chain management and the tactical sourcing for assigned commodities and across company strategic projects. Responsible to meet deadlines as they relate to projects, build relationships with suppliers delivering a supply chain allowing for improved cost, cash flow and quality. Source long term contracts linking demand requirements with supplier agreements. Rationalize the supply base increasing leverage with key suppliers. Understand target customer needs and deliver a supply chain that will allow us to meet those needs. Participate in new product introductions as they relate to supplier requirements.
- Professionally place purchase orders to meet program and production schedules while maintaining good supplier relations as required.
- Professionally resolve problems, both internally and externally, in a fair and ethical manner.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to interact at all levels of the organization and larger supply chain.
- Provide supplier performance data and react appropriately.
- Attain a level of commodity knowledge and supplier operations as they pertain to the company.
- Owns the supplier contracting process in partnership with the Purchasing Manager from start to finish for all goods contracted.
- Provide timely and cost competitive material cost for all requirements within the supply chain for HYDAC Denver.
- Work globally with corporate supply chain management team members to leverage spend, communication and tools.
- Communicate activities within HYDAC Denver and across the global supply chain.
- Foster and manage strategic supplier relationships.
- Right size the supply chain adding or rationalizing as required to deliver efficient performance.
- Ensuring the supply base can deliver on quality, cost, delivery and risk share.
- Actively research, evaluate and implement new supply opportunities as required.
- Conduct spend analysis, supplier assessment and supplier selection activities.
- Assist in developing should cost models across key customers and the supply base.
- Identify and deliver cost savings opportunities helping to ensure sales margin meets and/or exceeds targets.
- Travel as required.
- Assist other teams as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read drawings and technical information
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of accounting software, internet software, inventory software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Sense of urgency.
- Customer focused
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understand quality assurance philosophies and practices.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively.
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic sourcing strategies.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of strategic purchasing experience. Must possess a broad knowledge of ERP/MRPII or an automated purchasing system. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, Microsoft office, data analysis and presentation skills. Must adhere to all safety requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org