Position Summary: Provide concise and accurate technical support for Hydac products for direct inquiries from interested parties, including but not limited customers, distributors, customer service and outside sales representatives.
- Receive and answer customer service, distributor or direct customer telephone and email inquiries related to Hydac products.
- Provide concise and accurate technical support related to Hydac products including effective application usages of such products.
- Utilize Hydac tools and literature to be able to effectively size and selection Hydac products for customer specific application inquires including crossing over competitive products to Hydac.
- Act of a liaison between inquiring party and factory in cases where factory support is required.
- Provide factory level costing to customer service for quoting products, where required.
- In conjunction with Engineering manager, engage in and keep informed on special products requiring special approvals for local or Canadian regulations.
- Assist quality department with technical support on product/equipment returns for warranty or non-conformance evaluation, when required.
- Evaluation/validation of new part number set-up request from customer service.
- Manage activities related to inquiries and orders through CRM and/or project management system.
- With marketing, assist in development of materials to support product marketing initiatives.
- Assist warehouse department during in-house assembly stage as needed with any issues/questions for prompt resolution/mediation.
- With Quality, assist in coordinating and documenting customer requested PPAPs when required.
- Coordinate special documentation requirement for products per customer’s requests, when required (such as Certificate of conformances or quality test certificates).
- Coordinate special documentation as required, including any special test requirements, approval or certifications (in conjunction with Quality as required), and final manuals/as-built drawings.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and standard business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use CRM software, Project Management software & MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently to set daily priorities and workload.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions if required.
- Product Management: Keeping abreast of trends and communication of changes.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and to requests for service/ assistance.
- Self-Starter and Motivator.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to develop and foster effective relationships with distributors, regional sales managers and customers.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
– College diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering technology or Fluid Power technology.
– Professional registration (CET) would be considered an asset.
– IFPA/CFPA Specialists Certification would be considered an asset.
– Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the industrial or mobile hydraulics field.
– Complete and thorough understanding of hydraulic circuits, components and applications.
– Valid Driver’s License.
– Experience with AutoCAD and SAP would be considered an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org