Reporting to the Vice President Human Resources, the Training and Development Manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment. Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with managers or instructors
- Develops training and development programs and objectives.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Arrange on-the-job training for new employees.
- Work with managers and supervisors to help them develop both hard skills and soft skills including interpersonal skills so they can deal more effectively with employees.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by community schools and designate training procedures.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@hydacusa.com