HYDAC is a family-owned and operated business with a vibrant and rewarding working environment for our employees across the country. Our goal is to provide quality products, components and services that meet our customer expectations while being committed to the protection and preservation of our environment. HYDAC’s passionate team designs and manufactures a comprehensive line of innovative and reliable solutions optimized any demand our customers require.
The Welder – 2nd Shift is responsible for welding and assembling metal components as identified in production orders and by following specific work instructions.
You will make an impact in this role by:
- Attending work on the schedule established by the employer and without excessive absenteeism.
- Following all safe work practices to include wearing all required PPE.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operating manual and automated welding units and equipment.
- Welding in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examining weld for part specifications, Grind or clean weld joint of work piece and repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Positioning and clamping work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Assembling component parts using hand and small power tools.
- Leak testing as needed.
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
- Cleaning up work area daily.
- Must pass HYDAC Basic Weld Test within the first 90 days from date of hire.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Understand and apply welding techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like.
- Operate welding equipment with skill.
- Understand of the interpretation of blueprints, specifications, and diagrams to determine appropriate welding process.
Preferred skills include:
- High School or GED diploma required.
- 0-2 Years experience in Industrial Aluminum Welding, Wire-feed welding,
- Mechanical w/hydraulics, Wrenching experience, Fabrications with welding and layout.
Click the “apply” button to be considered for this opening!
HYDAC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.